Thursday, April 9, 2015

Invictus: Response

The poem that has inspired me with inspiration and hope in difficult times is called "You can be whatever you want to be" by Donna Levine. This poem speaks about our hidden potentials which can unveil to chase our dreams and ambitions. However, for doing so, we need to take a step forward and build up our courage to connect with our mind, body and soul. This is basically what the poem is trying to convey. The aspect of the poem that I particularly found inspiring was found in the first two stanza's of the poem. the part that I found inspiring was where Donna Levine says we all have the potential to be whatever we want to be and we all have the energy to do whatever we want to do. This helped me into what I was experiencing in grade 10. In grade 10, I found out that I have to work super hard to become what I wanted to become which was an engineer. I thought that I didn't have what it takes to become a professional successful engineer. Therefore, this poem and particularly the first two stanzas of this poem helped me in that difficult time. It gave me hope, courage and motivated me to keep working hard to achieve my goal. This poem was a huge encouragement which provided me with a lot of motivation.


No comments:

Post a Comment